So today I had some fun with fabric scraps. I made a bunch of little stitched loops, clipped a piece of webbing into them and stood on it to see how strong it is with different stitch patterns. Most loops failed with the fabric breaking at the first line of stitching. Every method took at least body weight. The strongest method was a loop of VX42 with two lines of stitching parallel to the loop's plane - the fabric broke under a fairly hard bounce test.
And since I didn't take any pictures, here's some test engineering footage from a homemade climbing cam I made a couple years ago.
I made a 7" cam with 3/4" 7068 T6 Aluminum axle to break as proof of concept before spending time on the nice refined 8 1/2" monster cam.
The 7" cam pulled out above 14 kN.
There's just something really fun about destructive testing.....